How to pass multiple jar files while using javac – compiling java classes
If you have single jar file, you can pass as: lets assume you are compiling file.java
javac path/to/file.java -classpath "path/to/jar/file.jar" -d classpath
But how about if you have multiple jar files to be included in the class path?
If you are on windows you can list the jar files separated by semi colon(;) and in unix you can pass with colon(:)
javac path/to/java/file.java -classpath "file1.jar:file2.jar:dir/*"
The last example is for unix environment but you can apply it to windows with proper path and semicolon
Find and replace text strings in vim file
It is one of the most frequent task you might do while working on vim.
Here are some of the most used ones
1. Find and search a single string and replace the first occurrence only
The above code would search for “search” and replaces it with “replace” and it would do it only once
2. Find all occurrences of the string and replace those
In this case all strings in the file with “search” would be replaced by “replace”
3. Find and ask for confirmation before changing it
It would do the usual task but this time it would ask for confirmation before it changes it.
You can do search and replace in vi or vim using the above command being on vim. Don’t forget to be out of the update mode otherwise you would just be writing the above commands.
Unless you have been living under rocks, you have heard about composer already. It is a dependency manager and more than that actually. If your PHP app is using a lot of dependencies, then it is time to consult composer.
Here I will put some notes on how to install it and make it available globally so that you can use it from any directory.
First thing first, go and grab the phar file from composer download page
It would be a single phar file and u can use that as it is:
Of course you would need the composer.json file for the above to work where you would list the dependencies.
But, this would require you to call the phar from where you downloaded and that might not be handy
sudo mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer
Now, you can call composer from any directory and rock from there
get more @ get composer
That is how you install composer on linux/mac computer and make it globally accessible with in
Starting to play with the mac numbers app that comes with my mac, and after doing my spreadsheet, pretty much the same as excel so far, i want to share it and the standard being xls file, I figured how to do that.
Go to file menu on the number application and select the export to => Excel.
The rest is history after that.. I like how neat the number app is so far, I will try to see how it is flexing its muscles over the giant excel as I have a lot to do on that..
By the way, I have been a great fan of apaches open office just check it out.
Yeah, FileZilla, the major FTP software would put the passwords along with your username, host and other info in your computer directory.
So if you lost your FTP credentials and you have been using FileZilla, you can simply retrieve or assist you remember it.
Just go ahead and open options menu from FileZilla, on Mac computer, you can get this by clicking on the FileZilla menu, and look for settings directory and there you would get xml files containing your credentials.
You can grab and use it. In the meantime, if your computer is accessed by others, also know that they can access your FTP information from there.
Hey, did you end up having an app that won’t be added to the launchpad, aka applications on mac?
The example could be Filezilla. When you download and try to launch it by double clicking it will start but you might not get it on the applications folder and you won’t see it in the lauchpad.
The fix? it is way easier that you think. Just copy the app you want to be added, say the Filezilla, and just paste it in the Applications folder. You can access the applications folder by directly going to Finder.
I had a bit rough weekend after successful update of some packages and successful breakage of my guest machine aka vagrant.
The thing is my symfony app is running on vagrant and all of a sudden I can’t ssh or after halt I can’t vagrant up – it is giving me the mount to NFS server timed out
This has something to do, unfortunately, with the firewall setting. After the guest and the host are two, at least technically, machines and firewall decided to block the packets for some of the host machine applications.
You can comb those needed for it by looking from the list of the firewall..
On Mac => go to System Preferences and click on Security and Privacy and Turn off the firewall to make sure the issue is associated with it and then you can turn it back with applications related to virtual host to accept all the incoming traffic.
t h a t i s IT
I will not explain how useful vim is, if you a developer on the *nix systems, then that is number one tool to tuck into your toolbox.
Now you want to paste huge text into vim and it looks all wacky, and the insert mode is not handling it.. here is what you would do..
Open your vim with
This will allow your vim to be in the paste mode and you can dump all you have without any problem then change the mode using esc and save it as :w
It is a bit frustrating when you want to send and email or watch a trailer on youtube or whatever it is and you can’t connect. it looks we can’t live without it anymore
Here are steps that would help you to figure out what has went wrong when you are in such scenarios. We will start from the obvious ones..
1. Are you on the right wi-fi? Yea it looks obvious but mac being smart and remembering wi-fi spots you might be on the wrong one.. so give it a check
2. Is that only your mac that is not connected to the internet? Check your other gadgets have internet from the wi-fi you are trying to connect. If others can’t make it then the concern would be changed to the source.
3. Restart your router. Usually, most routers have reset button. Reset it, unplug the power and let it be like that for a couple of minutes and check again.
4. Click on the apple icon on the top left, and click System Preferences. Then select network. On the left you would see your Wi-Fi being listed. Click on it and on the right window, turn wi-fi off and click again to make it on. Then select the network from the drop down list. This one would be usually used for when you see the exclamation point on the Wi-Fi icon
5. Try the wireless diagnostics. You can access, click on the Wi-Fi icon on the right top cornet while holding the option button. It will be listed on the bottom of the list. Follow the wizard and see if that helps the problem.
6. See if you IP is accessible from other machines. If you have another computer, it could be windows or linux use the ping command to check if your ip-address is accessible and valid. On windows, open the command prompt and write ping ip.address.here. You can get the ip address of your mac from System preference->network then click on the Wi-Fi. You will see it on the right pane. Say your ip address is 192.168.2.3
7. If the step number is shows you the ip-address has the problem, change the range of ip-addresses from your router to force a distribution of new ip-addresses to your devices. Please google how to assign the ip-range on your router using your router brand. The default we accessible router configuration would be http://192.168.0.1. try that on your browser or check what it is from the manual and update accordingly..
There would be a need for this or that reason to serve more than one site from apache. And this is quite possible using configuration inside the apache
First thing first
go to the apache config, by default it should be
And search for
Which, as you can see, is commented. Hence uncomment that by deleting the # infront of it.
The above task will allow us to mess around the httpd-vhosts.conf file that is in the extras directory.
Lets assume we have a site names siteVH which is residing in the directory /www/sitevh
and lets assume we have another site called siteAnother residing in director /www/siteanother
Now the goal is to access those sites independently. So we will create two different virtual hosts for each one and be able to access them independently
CustomLog "/private/var/log/apache2/sitevh.com-access_log" common
Allow from all
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
And the we will have the same duplicate values for the other one as well.
Then update the /etc/hosts to let know our local “DNS” to know what to do
127.0.0.1 sitevh.com siteanother.com
This shall take care of the whole thing.
One more thing, restart apache
sudo apachectl restart