Adding subdirectories in existing git repository
You have done
git push but the new folders didn’t got pushed. What happened?
Having new folders and subfolders in the git repository, but the files under those not showing in the server?
Adding subdirectories in existing git repositories should have been direct right? But, sometimes it is not. I will show you How to add subdirectory in existing git repository
Let’s say you have existing git repository
my-git-repo and you want to add new folder under it:
Step by steps to add git subdirectories in existing git repository
1. Create folder in the repository you are going to create new folders
mkdir -p new-folder/another-sub-folder
2. Now if you do
git status you will see the new folder under new listing.
3. Create a file under another-sub-folder otherwise git won’t show nothing.
cd new-folder/another-sub-folder && touch some-file.xml
4. Go to another-sub-folder and issue
5. Now go back to the root of the folder and issue
git add new-folder/
6. You are done, when you do
git status you will see your new files being listed for commit.